Sunday, 6 April 2014
Taylor Swift Style - 2014 Academy of Country Music Awards
Tonight is the prestigious Academy of Country Music Awards! Taylor is up for five awards - including the biggest honour of the night: Entertainer of the Year. This is an event which almost necessitates a gown and tonight should be no different.
What was so difficult about choosing my predictions is that I have no idea where Taylor’s red carpet style is moving towards these days. And the ACMs tonight will mark Taylor’s very first major awards show appearance of her shortened hair so it’ll be exciting to see how she styles that as well. And how perhaps the new vision for the Album Five Era will (or won’t) influence her tonight.
- Zuhair Murad Spring 2014 Couture
- Taylor adores Zuhair Murad and lately, Taylor can’t stop drawing watercolour florals (and driving everyone crazy with “hints” that the next era will be filled with them).
This gown is just sparkly enough for Taylor but not so much that it loses any mature appeal. Worn with a sheer insert to cover up the revealing nature of the skirting, I’d love to see Taylor wear her hair either completely slicked back with minimal, glowing makeup or wavy and framed around her face. No necklace is necessary for that neckline.
- Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture
- Something a little different. No sparkles. No jewel tones. No monochrome black or white. That square cutout in the neckline gives away a little bit of sexy appeal while the dramatic flowing skirt and blending colours keep this gown from being too “dark”. The perfect amount of drama.
Smoky eyes balanced by a pretty pink lip, a dark manicure and a fuschia-stone bracelet or ring would be perfect.
- Elie Saab Spring 2014 RTW
- For my sanity (and my fellow Greenies) I’m going to keep “predicting” green Elie Saab until Taylor cooperates.
It’ll happen. One day.
- Kaufmanfranco Fall 2014 RTW
- Taylor loves a white gown. And she’s also proven from this year’s Grammy’s that she can look stunning and statuesque in a column gown. The beauty of this gown is its minimalism - and the slight hint of sex appeal with the cutouts around the bust.
Warm, bronzed makeup would be nice to see to balance out the clean, sharp crispness of the gown.
What do you think TSS-ers? Which of my predictions are your favourite? Or do you have your own gown in mind?